Thursday, November 29, 2012

Gift of Life

Intro: Jesus showed me this picture this morning and it brought me tons of healing and breakthrough!
I have recently been struggling with the idea that I must serve the Lord perfectly. In that place I have uncounciously been punishing myself for not being where I need to be in my relationship with Him. I now understand that I have been partnering with a spirit of Religion. Jesus is so awesome because He sees my heart. When he came and died, he took the punishment for all sin. He exchanged the Law for his Grace. I no longer operate by perfection, but by the power of his Love and Grace. So below is the vision/ story He gave me to help me see and receive His power, love, and life. HE is SO GOOD!




I was in a dark prison cell and Satan was coolly standing in the corner. We were looking above at the “Laws.” They were golden and placed highly on the wall. Satan then said to me, “You have not served these laws perfectly. You should put on these chains so next time you will do better. The chains will help you get closer to the Laws.” I put the chains on myself and then tried to run towards the door so I could serve the Lord. However, I couldn’t escape because the chains bound me to the prison floor. Satan was laughing and mocking me, still standing in the corner.
Hopelessness came and joined him. He was a big guy who didn’t say much. His shoulders were slouched with no emotion on his face; only the expression of emptiness. He brought a suffocating heaviness to the room. Even though I could hardly breathe, I continued to try to serve the Lord. Satan remarked to Hopelessness, “Look at her! She calls herself a servant of the Most High God, but she can’t even get out of this prison cell!! What a FOOL!!
Immediately when he said that, a bright and furious light flooded the room. Satan could only flee. There was no other choice for him but to go. Hopelessness scurried out with him. The Light was so strong that the chains broke under its pressure. I felt like I was being made new every moment. Every second was a second of full restoration. Jesus appeared and stepped out from the light. Looking at Him was like beholding Life itself. He didn’t say a word, but his face said it all, “I have come for you. I have come to set you free, my love. I heard your cry and I had to come. You are no longer bound by punishment or self condemnation.” He grabbed my hands and then gazed towards the “Laws.” It immediately crumbled into gold dust and fell to the ground. Jesus spoke, “Those are no longer your standards. Let your new standards be this…” He held out his hand and I saw the hole where a nail had once been. “Let it be my love that compels you.” Tears were streaming down my face. He put his hands on my head and Love was poured out over me from my head to my feet. I was flooded with memories of Jesus hanging on the cross. I saw that the moment His life was fully given to death, it was the moment Death knew it would be defeated. The power it carried had broken. I saw the Father breathe upon His Son and His life was restored. All LIFE was restored. Jesus then spoke, “Alyssa, I have taken this pain from you and I have given you a new life. Now walk in it. You are free!”

No comments:

Post a Comment